The admissions process is designed to help you and IESE to figure out if the MBA is the right fit for you and your goals. You must hold an undergraduate degree and, if you are not a native English speaker, pass an English language test, as the programme is taught in English.
Your GMAT or GRE results are important but not decisive: Your personality, motivation, goals, leadership abilities and communication skills will also be taken into account.
Follow the six steps below to begin your IESE MBA journey. Applications for the MBA Class of 2024 are now open.
1. APPLY ONLINE
Apply online and upload scans of the following documents in English. We recommend that you:
- Keep a copy of all documents
- Clip each of the different documents separately
- Do not submit books, theses, or other materials not requested in this section
The GMAT (The Graduate Management Admissions Test) or GRE is mandatory for all candidates. If you have taken both, please submit both scores.
- A completed application form
- Application fee
- Official transcripts
The GMAT or GRE requirement is mandatory and cannot be waived. Please find some useful details in the following:
- Our GMAT code is S21-BK-12. Please arrange to have Pearson VUE submit your GMAT test scores directly. Our GRE code is 6951.
- GMAT/GRE scores should be received before the application deadline you wish to meet. IESE will take into consideration any test taken before the last application deadline for entry the following fall.
- If you submit multiple test scores, we will automatically use the highest score presented.
- IESE does not accept test scores that are more than five years old or photocopies of score reports, notarized or not.
- If your name on the application form varies from the exact name used to register with GMAT/GRE, please inform us so we can match your application form with your GMAT/GRE report.
- English test
English Language Test
This requirement can be waived for those people meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- For those whose mother tongue is English.
- Have obtained a university degree or post graduate degree entirely in English or in an English speaking country. In order for a post graduate degree to qualify, it must be at least a 2 year degree.
- Have lived and worked for at least two consecutive years in an English speaking country (i.e. someone who is working for a multinational firm in France where the language of communication is English, for example, is not exempt.)
English Tests accepted by the MBA Admissions Department are:
TOEFL: The recommended TOEFL score for admission is 100pts. English proficiency level is essential in order to be able to interact and participate in class. Our TOEFL code is 7237 and we should receive the original score directly from ETS – photocopies will not be accepted. www.toefl.org
Please note that in order to participate in the International Exchange Program, TOEFL is the only test accepted.
PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic): The recommended PTE Academic score for admission is 68 (C1). For more information, please visit: www.pearsonpte.com
IELTS: (International English Language Testing System) The recommended IELTS score for admission is band 7.5. IELTS is jointly managed by the University of Cambridge ESOL (Cambridge ESOL), British Council and IDP Education Australia. Our IELTS code is CL035. For more information, please visit: www.ielts.org
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: The Cambridge Proficiency Certificate score recommended for admission is level A or B. For more information, please visit www.cambridgeenglish.org
Your English will be continually assessed during the admissions process.
- One letter of recommendation
One recommendation letter is required. We recommend that the letter is from your current employer. The letter should reflect your capacities in the work environment. Recommendation from a former employer, client or extra-curricular activity such as Volunteer Organizations can also be considered.
Please submit your recommendation letters through the on-line application system. The recommendation letter can be submitted in Spanish and/or English.
If your recommender is not able to submit your recommendation letter through the on-line application system please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mandatory essays (online form)
- Military or Civil Service Obligation Passport-size digital photograph (max. 2Mb.)
2. ADMISSIONS PRE-COMMITTEE
Your application will be considered by the committee only when IESE has received copies of all documents via the online application process and the non-refundable application fee of $200 has been paid.
3. PERSONAL INTERVIEW
Face-to-face interviews can be held on the IESE campus in Barcelona, via videoconference, or with admissions directors who travel across the world to meet candidates every year. Your interview will be conducted in English.
4. ASSESSMENT DAY
This is your chance to shine. Share experiences with your potential future classmates while presenting aspects of your candidature in an original manner. This part of the process is not required for all candidates if we already have enough information on your candidacy. Although participation is not mandatory -even if you are invited-, it is highly recommended.
5. FINAL ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE
Once you finished the selection process your application will be presented to the final committee.
6. ADMISSIONS DECISION
Welcome to IESE! You’ll receive a phone call and email informing you of the committee’s decision.
“We want to get to know you and the application is your story to tell. This is your chance to explain motivations, and exhibit your commitment and enthusiasm to the admissions team. This is also the perfect opportunity for some self-reflection. Make sure you are presenting a consistent picture of who you are, what you have done and what you want to achieve."
PaulaPAULA AMORIM, MBA '16
MBA ADMISSIONS DIRECTOR